Beyond dog biscuits – here is a homemade, nutritious dog treat that’s perfect for festive occasions during the pumpkin season.
Yield: Over 24 mini mutt cups and 24 side dishes
For the cups
2 1/2 cups (310 g) whole wheat flour
1/2 cup (40 g) oatmeal
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup (240 ml) water
1/2 cup (130 g) natural crunchy peanut butter
For the filling
100 g of pureed pumpkin
450 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
Instructions for treating dogs
Start with the dog-safe treats.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Combine wheat flour and oats in a large bowl.
- Add egg, water and peanut butter and mix well.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll it out to a thickness of 0.3 cm.
- Cut out twenty-four 5 cm circles. Using the remaining batter, cut out 24 small side-dish biscuits (Here’s an idea: cut the biscuits into your dog’s favorite shapes.)
- Sprinkle a mini muffin tin with oil and lightly dust it with flour. Place circles in the mini muffin bowls and press.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool it down, then take it out of the pan and let it cool completely.
- Keep in sealed containers until filled with the cheese mixture.
Continue to the filling
- Using a hand mixer, mix the pumpkin and cream cheese together until well mixed.
- Put the cream cheese mixture in a piping bag with a large opening; You can also use a plastic sandwich bag – cut off the corner of the sandwich bag to leave a 1/2 “opening.
- Carefully press the filling into the biscuit cups.
- Garnish with a small biscuit.