What better way to make your pup feel very special this Valentine’s Day than with homemade treats that are rich in love? The added bonus is that Valentine Liver Nibbles are completely wheat-free, which makes them ideal for sensitive pets.
This delicious recipe is easy to prepare, nutritious, and tasty, and the bread can be cut into any size. Nothing beats liver dog homemade treats and knowing exactly what ingredients are in your dog’s diet.
With just a few simple ingredients, this dog food recipe is easy to prepare, even for inexperienced chefs. Dogs love liver and these homemade treats for liver dogs will make your dog jump for joy. You will need a pound of pureed chicken or beef liver, three eggs, two cups of instant oats, a fourth cup of vegetable oil, and some seaweed. If you don’t have a liver on hand, dice your puppy’s favorite meat as a substitute for this easy recipe.
Valentine Liver Nibble Dog Treats
Homemade liver dog treats that are nutritious and tasty!
- 1 pound of fresh organic raw beef or chicken liver
- 3 free range eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or other vegetable oil
- 2 cups of instant oats
- 1 tablespoon. Applesauce (optional)
- 2 TBSP. Nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 TBSP. Seaweed powder
- Filtered water is enough to make a batter
1. Process the liver in a blender or food processor until completely pureed.
2. Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and pour in oil.
3. Add liver to the egg and oil mixture.
4. Slowly stir in dry ingredients, stirring constantly so that they are mixed well.
5. Gradually add water until you have a “batter” consistency.
6. Pour the last batter into a loaf pan.
7. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 °.
8. Let cool in the can until it can be handled. Then carefully place the bread on a rack and let it cool in the refrigerator to cool completely.
With a sharp knife, slice and cut into bite-sized pieces that are suitable for your pup.
Note: We originally left out the garlic in this recipe.